Sunday, January 14, 2007

Move forward


At 3pm Sunday afternoon, jumped up out of couch that felt so comfortable sitting inside of apartment looking out thirty something degree outside and decided to go running. There have been so many obstacles since I made my resolution that is challenging Chicago marathon in October this year. First step is always heavier than following steps somehow. But today, finally made my first move.

After running through with my ugly training jackets and pants on Oak Street where all the posh shops are, finally reached Lake Shore running course. I’ve been here a couple times when we moved in Chicago, but never for running. The scenery was a little different compare to that time. I felt more being a local and realized this is the place that I live now, Chicago, by looking at skyscrapers from running course.

Who would be running under thirty something degree on windy course? Hard core runners. They look really fit, skinny and fast. After all, I could not make forereach any runners while all the hard cores were walking away from me. I presume these guys are registering Chicago marathon and can’t wait to compete with them…

After an hour, came back home and felt really hungry. Now, my fiancee is making a steak for our dinner.

Today was the first day I went running outside.

4 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Just a girl said...

Hey 30-year-old,
I'll feed you - you just go and run!
Run, run, run!!

p.s. Yes, he looked quite daggy in his running pants today...

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger まめ said...

Will it be cold?How many degrees is the temperature?

However, running on the outside is wonderful.

I am always hungry.

When it is English, it is romantic ..poetry...

It is lumbago.

Let's hold out!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger yoshiamigo said...

Hello el, thanks for feeding me and I will run like a dog. Will you get me Nike gear for me?

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger yoshiamigo said...

Mame san, it will be not that cold for Chicago marathon in October. I guess it will be around 12-20 celsius degree depending on the weather.
Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

end air pollution